ABC cancels Pushing Daisies By Tim Surette11/21/08 10:25 AM144 comments \ add yoursBryan Fuller's quirky crime-stopping dramedy is cut from ABC's schedule, say reports; could a Pushing Daisies movie happen?

Pace and Friel were a dynamic duo.
This news sucks so much, I don't even feel like starting off with "The facts were these…" But, the sad fact is this: Pushing Daisies has been cancelled. Online reports blew up late last over the unique program's demise, with creator Bryan Fuller confirming the cancellation to E! Online.

"To be honest, I'm really not feeling very boo-hoo about it," Fuller told the site. "I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes, and there is a lot to be proud of. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so."

Daisies had been on the ropes almost all season, posting disappointing numbers despite being praised by critics (and me) and developing a passionate fan base. ABC will air all 13 episodes produced this season before the lights fade out forever.

Pushing Daisies stars Lee Pace as Ned, a pie-maker with the unusual gift of being able to reanimate the dead with a touch, and send them back to their maker with another touch. However, if the newly undead stay undead for longer than a minute, someone else dies… for good. Ned meets Emerson Cod (Chi McBride), a money-hungry private detective, and the two team up to solve murders using Ned's ability to ask the victims. And if that wasn't complicated enough, Ned brings his childhood crush back to life, and the two form a relationship that requires them not to touch. Phew.

Mr. Emerson Cod
According to Fuller, the 13th (and final) episode of this season (and series) ends on a cliffhanger, and Fuller has every intention of seeing this story resolve itself. He's working with DC Comics to get some Pushing Daisies comics made to tie loose ends, but he's also got bigger ideas.

"…We are talking to DC Comics about doing comic books that will wrap up our storylines, and I already have a pitch for a movie ready to go," said Fuller.

The super-talented Fuller has also been rumored to return to his pre-Daisies gig--as writer for Heroes.

So what did Daisies in? All signs point to fallout from the writers strike and ABC's idea to not bring the show back until this season. Shows that did return after the strike have flourished this season, and those that didn't, are, well… pushing daisies.

Does the American television-watching public really have such short-term memories? Mourn in the comments section below, Daisies fans.

Bron. http://www.tv.com/story/11933.html?part=rss&subj=11933&tag=news-summary-11933